Inspecting Solar PV Systems (PV 604) INDEPENDENT STUDY is a Course
Inspecting Solar PV Systems (PV 604) INDEPENDENT STUDY
Time limit: 365 days
Full course description
Prerequisite(s): PV 101 or Licensed Electrician
This is an Online Independent Study Course:
- Students can work through recorded presentations, and exercises at their own pace.
- Once the coursework is complete you will receive a Letter of Completion for the training.
- Students have one year to complete the course from the start date to receive credit.
This four-hour course reviews National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements, paying particular attention to Articles 690 and 705. It also covers equipment listing and labeling requirements, circuit calculations, wiring methods, grounding, overcurrent protection, system labeling requirements, and common Code violations.
Electricians, electrical contractors, PV installers, and inspectors will learn about NEC requirements and best practices for photovoltaic (PV) systems.
- Copy of the 2017 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Computer with Internet access and audio capability (speakers or headset)
- PV-604-Inspection Checklists
Course Instructor: Nick Matthes
Approved for Continuing Education By: