Roof-Mount PV System Design & Installation Lab (23 PV 312.03) In-Person/Custer, WI
Oct 7, 2023 - Oct 8, 2023
Spots remaining: 15
Full course description
Prerequisites: PV 101, PV 201, and PV 202 or NABCEP credential
- Course Start Date: October 7 - Course End Date: October 8, 2023
- Registration ends on October 2, 2023
- Class times are 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Participants in this 16-hour course receive hands-on training and will install a roof-mounted PV system. Emphasis is placed on safety and work at height; everyone will participate in a discussion about OSHA regulations (CFR 1926) and fall protection equipment, and the class will conduct a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) before work begins.
Participants will identify layout considerations, component specifications, mechanical integration best practices, and National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements related to the system. Voltage, current, and power calculations in the NEC will be covered in depth.
Manufacturer data sheets and line diagrams will be provided as a guide to design and install the PV modules, balance of system components, all associated wiring, and to calculate and record all expected values. The system will be commissioned and tested for proper operation.
- Appropriate clothing and gear for working outdoors: closed-toe footwear, weather-appropriate clothing, gloves, water bottle, sunscreen, etc.
- Calculator & writing utensil
- Safety glasses
- Sack Lunch (Please pack a lunch)
7558 Deer Rd.
Custer, WI 54423
Instructor: Matt Parks and Nick Matthes
Approved for Continuing Education By: